|Egg-free, Nut-free, Dairy-free cupcakes from Smart Allergy Friendly Education|
Thanks to my standby Zebra Cupcakes recipe, and a few tweeks, I was able to throw together these awesome Spider Cupcakes for his special day!!
Here's all you need:
1. Betty Crocker Cinnamon Imperials (I even called the toll-free number from the store to make sure they were Milk-Free and NUT-FREE!)
2. Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips - FREE of top 8 allergens
3. Pillsbury Icing - I used Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese (haven't found one of their icings yet which isn't egg-free, nut-free and dairy-free.
4. Low fat Cherry Twizzlers (have been eating these for years).
5. An egg-free, nut-free, dairy-free recipe! Listed below~
Today, I omitted the cocoa!
2 C whole flour
1. Mix all dry ingredients, except cocoa.
2. Combine wet ingredients and mix together well.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients (not cocoa); mix together for 2 minutes.
4. Divide mixture, putting 2/3 in a separate bowl.
5. Add cocoa to smaller mixture portion; you now have vanilla & chocolate options.
6. Fill cupcake pans halfway with vanilla.
7. Add 1 to 1 1/2 T of chocolate mixture to each cupcake.
8. With a toothpick, lightly swirl vanilla and chocolate together.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 -20 minutes (maybe a little longer at higher altitudes) or until toothpick comes out of center of cooked cupcakes clean.
*If you want to make ALL cupcakes chocolate, use 3/8 C of cocoa; When combining all dry ingredients, add this into the mixture at the same time.
Makes 24 cupcakes