OUR allergy-friendly recipes.
I can honestly say that as of today, this is currently our FAVORITE dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free dessert. It doesn't last much longer than on hour.. if that!
I have included our substitutions.
|Dairy-Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake - Smart Allergy Friendly Education|
Dairy-Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1/2 C dairy-free margarine
1 C sugar
2 medium eggs [replaced with 1/4 C applesauce + 1/4 C flax mixture*
*(1 egg = 1/4 T flax seed mixed with 3 T hot water, sit for 5 minutes and add)
|1 T flax seed + 3 T warm water = 1/4 C = 1 egg|
1 tsp vanilla bean
2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 C dairy-free sour cream (Tofuttis)
CINNAMON SUGAR SPRINKLING
1/4 C sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
|Dry Mix for Dairy Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake|
2. Cream margarine, 1 C sugar, eggs and vanilla together.
3. Add sour cream and flour mixture to margarine mixture.
4. Grease bundt pan, add 1/3 batter to pan and sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture.
|Dairy Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake - Prepped and Ready to bake !|
5. Add remainder of batter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
6. Bake 30 - 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Adjust based on altitude. We tend to add 10 minutes.
|Dairy Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake - One slice is NEVER enough|