|S.A.F.E. Recipe and Product Review|
Fortunately, ALL of these mixes are FREE of top 8 allergens, gluten-free, gmo-free, kosher, halal certified AND they contain probiotics to promote immune health.
I ended up making 3 FULL batches! That is a definite indication of how well this recipe was received. My family ate half of the first batch made completely with the r..Enjoy Life flour and we're NOT gluten-free. There was a bit left from the second batch, but dad polished it off while no one was looking!! Needless to say, I had HUGE requests from my family that they wanted MORE!! Thus, the third batch was needed.
Personally, I was impressed how great this turned out. Many gluten-free mixes turn out crumbly and are dry. The sheet cake I made was moist, held together and tasted great. It states on the box that one can 'swap equally with any recipe 1 Cup of Enjoy Life All Purpose Flour WITH 1 Cup of regular All Purpose Flour'. I did this, and it turned out great. I had to cook the batch with regular flour a little longer.
The package itself had enough to make almost 2 full batches of their recipe. I was short 1/3 C of flour for a FULL second batch. I just added in 1/3 C of regular flour. I made the 3rd batch completely with regular flour for my family and neighbors.
I promised the recipe to the kids, so here it is. I added Enjoy Life Chunks rather than Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and made it into a sheet cake rather than muffins.
Chocolate Chunk Banana Sheetcake
*FREE of top 8 allergens, gluten-free
3/4 C organic cane sugar
1/3 C shortening
1 2/3 C Enjoy Life All-Purpose Flour Mix, sifted
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/4 t bking powder
1 C Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
1 C mashed very ripe bananas
2 T flaxseed meal + 6 T hot water, mixed together
1/3 C water
1 T pure vanilla extract
1. Grease and flour and 8 x 11 cooking pan.
2. Combine organic cane sugar and shortening in a medium bowl and mix 3 to 4 minutes.
3. In separate bowl, mix together the flour mix, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks. Set aside.
4. Combine the flaxseed/hot water mixture, the shortening/sugar mixture, the mashed bananas, water and vanilla extract. Mix for another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture together and mix with a wooden spoon. Mixture will be a little thick.
6. Evenly pour into pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes. I added an extra five minutes for our altitude difference.
Let cool and ENJOY!! Gluten-free or NOT! This is going to become a household favorite~