It's amazing how one can alter a recipe to meet your allergy needs. This one is from Mrs. Jensen, a teacher who is NOT afraid of a little sugar. She is smart enough to wait till the end of the day to send these treats home to us parents!
|Ghost in the Graveyard - EF, NF, DF|
*milk-free, egg-free, nut-free
Ingredients to serve 4-5 kids
Plastic 9 oz. clear cups
Jell-O brand instant Chocolate pudding -1 small package chocolate pudding
(4 - 5 per students)
1 3/4 Cups of soy milk
Rich Whip Non-Dairy Topping
(1 container per 3 students)
Oreo Cookies - 4 per student
Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Keebler Vienna Fingers
1. Have each student place 4 Oreo cookies in plastic baggie and seal. Crush with hands.
2. Measure 1 3/4 C of soymilk into large mixing bowl.
*NOTE - soymilk doesn't thicken the mix as much as regular milk so you may want to add a little less
3. Add Jell-O pudding mix. Stir for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in almost all of 1 package of Rich Whip already whipped (leave enough for a dollop of cream at the end).
5. Have kids divide their Oreos in half. Place half of mixture in cup and then dump this into the pudding/whipped cream mixture.
6. Pour cup Oreos into pudding and have students take turns stirring.
7. Scoop mixture into individual cups. Use 1/4 C and take turns scooping.
8. Sprinkle remaining Oreos on top.
9. Place chocolate chips for eyes.
10. Add a final dollop of whipped cream on top.
10. Place Keebler Vienna Finger Cookie beyond dollop of whipped cream as a tombstone.
These look really cute but be prepared for some high octane activity when they're ready to eat these Halloween treats!