With Valentines Day right around the corner, why not surprise your favorite sweeties with some homemade chocolates they will most definitely enjoy?
1 12 oz. bag (2 cups) of dairy-free chocolate chips
1 T dairy-free (soy-free) shortening or margarine
1 pre-purchased chocolate mold
*Find a mold with a variety of choices or one you can dip pretzel rods into
1 parchment bag OR disposable decorating bag
1 package of mini foil wrappers (to wrap individual chocolates) or larger wrappers (for pretzels)
1 package of pretzel rods (if making pretzel rod chocolates)
1. In a small saucepan, bring several cups of water to a boil.
2. Combine the chocolate and the shortening in a small heatproof bowl and set over the boiling water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Stirring occasionally, heat until the chocolate melts completely.
3. Use parchment/decorating bag to pour chocolate into mold(s)
4. Place pretzel rods on top of chocolate.
5. Tap mold.
6. Let cool in refrigerator.
7. Remove from mold.
8. Wrap individual candies.
ENJOY your allergy~friendly Valentines Day treats!