|Lemon Mini Cakes found at Walmart - My favorite so far!|
Maplehurst.. the bakery specialists. Different retailers will use different labels to designate the Maplehurst products. At Walmart, where they are found locally here in Boise, you will find the following specific brown label and verbage:
"the Bakery, baked with pride"
|S.A.F.E. Product Review - Maplehurse Bakery 'peanut-free product' statement|
Maplehurst Bakeries produces one of the largest varieties of thaw and sell peanut-free cupcakes in standard and mini sizes. Packaging for all of their thaw and sell peanut-free 6 count regular-sized cupcakes and 12-count mini cupcakes includes a wrap-around label which includes the peanut-free logo. You should be able to locate this logo on the bottom of the package at Walmart. Other retailers' labels often include the peanut-free logo or statement prominently on the top or bottom of their individual packaging.
Wondering what additional protocol they follow to ensure peanut-free cupcakes? The following is straight from one of their press releases:
- No peanuts or tree nuts are utilized in the manufacturing of products at the Manchester facility.
- No peanuts or tree nuts are warehoused within the Manchester facility.
- The equipment at the Manchester facility is not used to manufacture anything containing peanuts or tree nuts.
- Maplehurst tests for the presence of peanuts and peanut products in the Manchester facility. However, due to the lack of accurate and reliable testing methods for detecting the presences of all tree nuts, Maplehurst cannot, and therefore does not, make the claim that its products are 'tree nut-free."
- Products made and labeled in the Manchester facility bear a "peanut-free" logo and/or a statement that claims "Made in a peanut-free" facility."
|Confetti Mini Cupcakes|
Amazingly, this bakery has been providing in-store bakery expertise to its retail customers for over 40 years. Their parent company, George Weston Limited, operating George Weston Foods, is Canada's largest fresh and frozen baking company.
Wondering where you can find some of these peanut-free delights? You probably only need to visit the bakery section of your local grocery store! That's where I picked up several dozen!
- ACME Foods Pennsylvania (GO PHILLIES! my hometown favorite team)
- Farm Fresh
- Giant of Carlisle
- Giant of Maryland
- Market Basket
- Shoppers Food Warehouse
- Stop & Shop
For more information, contact: Maplehurst Bakeries or 1-800-344-4235.
Remember to look for:
- a) the wrap around label
- b) the peanut-free logo AND/OR
- c) the statement "Made in a peanut-free facility"
If only these were milk-free and egg-free too, then I wouldn't have to hide them in the freezer so my kids won't eat them. Maplehurst? Could you make some that are also milk and egg-free too?