The following information has been taken directly from Maggie Garner and Rudi's Gluten-Free and Organic Bakery.
Regarding allergies, do any of Rudi’s breads contain peanuts, peanut oil or tree nuts of any kind? What about eggs or dairy? We do use hazelnuts in our facility in our Nut & Oat Bread.
Good manufacturing practices are used to minimize cross contamination in a bakery that uses tree nuts. These include:
- Designating ingredient storage with color-coded labeling for visual reference,
- using color-coded utensils and bins when we bake with allergens that are not used for non-allergen containing breads, and
- baking the Nut & Oat bread very last in the baking cycle.
- Nuts are not taken into the bakery until all other breads have been made,and
- We shut down and do deep sanitation immediately after the nuts are used and before we start the next baking cycle.
- Finally, all finished product is closely monitored during the bagging process to ensure that the bread containing nuts is not put into the wrong bag.
Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery breads contain eggs so they are not allergen free. Our gluten-free products do not contain dairy, soy, or tree nuts.
Although we do not have a dedicated gluten-free facility, we do have a segregated, separate manufacturing approach. We bake our gluten-free breads on separate, dedicated equipment and on separate production days. You can feel assured our gluten-free products never come into contact with something used to make a product containing gluten. As part of our manufacturing process, we also do the following:
- Our organic and gluten-free equipment is color-coded for easy segregation
- Our gluten-free breads are baked only after our facility has gone through an extensive, full day clean-up processAll incoming ingredients are tested and certified to be gluten-free
- As part of our gluten-free certification, every batch of our gluten-free bread is tested and must test below <10 ppm of gluten for distribution
- We also send product to an outside lab to validate our test results and ensure we have less than 10 ppm of gluten
Rudi’s Organic Bakery & Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery