RESOURCES FOR NAVIGATING THE TWISTS AND TURNS OF YOUR FOOD ALLERGY JOURNEY
The current statistics range from 1 in 13, to 1 in 25 people having food allergies. As these numbers increase yearly, so do the numbers increase of children with food allergies attending school or daycare.
There are many resources/programs focused on increasing awareness for parents and educators about managing food allergies.
WHERE ARE THE PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN LIVING AND GOING TO SCHOOL WITH FOOD ALLERGIES?
Our communities need to work together in replacing the 'stigma and fears' often felt when having to handle allergies with a community of ‘friends helping friends’ and allies for a lifetime.
If you can you answer 'YES' to any of the following questions, SAFE presentations are the educational tool which can make your children's environment a SAFEr place to learn.
- Would you like to see students better educated about understanding the importance of taking food allergies seriously?
- Could your students, those with and without allergies, benefit from a presentation which creates a SAFEr learning environment by easing many of the worries associated with handling food allergies?
SAFE Training for Schools, Camps and Daycares
Age, group size and knowledge base creates different needs for every presentation. Each 25 – 30 minute class is individually designed with these differences in mind. Each group can be guaranteed a learning environment which will be engaging, fun and educational. Our non-threatening approach achieves three outcomes:
1. It increases allergy awareness for students who don’t have allergies.
2. It’s a simple way of discussing allergies to kids who find it hard to understand and for kids who find it hard to explain.
3. Most importantly, this positive learning experience helps to decrease allergy anxieties and fears for those kids who have to navigate daily their own personal allergy challenges.
2. A video from FAAN ( Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network) or educational powerpoint presentation (depending on the age group).
3. A coloring/activity page students can take home to share and further educate their families.
4. And, if time allows (definitely for our youngest learners), an allergy story from my library collection.
Allergy presentations available for ALL ages as well as resource/support classes for adults.
For more information or pricing, contact me at: email@example.com
**References available upon request.